Review: Niuda Hand-Pulled Noodles

It's been a lot chillier these past few days, therefore I've been craving a lot of soupy and comfort foods for the winter. I guess it's the season where we don't care too much about what people think. After all gaining a few pounds for the winter isn't bad because no one will see it. After a long day of work, we decided to try a new restaurant, that the boy and I have constantly past by recently. Originally, it was a Japanese restaurant franchise from Vancouver, that offered torched sushi. However, sadly it closed down. We personally thought it was really delicious but, it was more on the higher end side. It was quite surprising it did last too long. After a few months of renovation, we noticed a new spot opening. The boy knows I love trying new places, and I guess yesterday was a perfect time to try it! Welcome Niuda Hand-Pulled Noodles It is a Lanzzhou Hand-pulled noodle specialty shop that recently open on Queen Street. I believe this place is currently launching its soft opening as it was posted on the wall from 5pm - 8pm. However, currently their hours are : M - F 11:30am - 10pm & Sat & Sybb - 12pm - 10pm. Currently it is not busy as I don't think many people are aware of it. However, give it sometime.. and I'm sure it will be posted on BlogTO, and it will be swarming of people on Friday nights & the weekends. Like most Asian places, we were given a piece of paper and pencil, which was the menu. Anything we wanted to order you would circle your choices. After careful evaluation, I decided to go with the original and share the salty fried chicken as a appetizer.
I always like to go with original as I'm not that spontaneous with my food and like to play it safe, I picked the Signature Beef Noodle Soup with added dumplings ( + $.99 for additional toppings ), while the boy picked Beef Stir Fried Noodles, with a side of Salty Fried Chicken and for dessert, we both picked Mango Pomelo Sago ( which I didn't end up taking a picture of as we were too hungry).
The interior was pretty simplistic, however in the back, you could view the chef making the hand pulled noodles for your order. I would say overall, out of all the dishes -- I should have gone with what the boy had picked as it was flavored so well. However, I love soup noodles over fried noodles, as I'm always worried that I would breakout in acne due to oily foods. However, his dish tasted like a dish he had cooked for me previously before. Kinda of reminded me of the chines dish beef stir fry noodles with oyster sauce and rice noodles. But this time, these were not as oily but made with thicker noodles -- similar to udon but skinnier. The tea was one of those herbal ones I can't describe, but it was definitely not one I had tried, and if I did -- I don't recall one bit, but definitely tasted as if it were good for your soul.
The noodles were delicious -- the right amount of chewiness and surprisingly there was a lot, even though it didn't seem like it as, my beef was covering it. The amount of salty chicken that was given, was enough to feed two people, maybe 3 if another side was added, but was cooked to perfection with a side of lemon. Overall, we really enjoyed it and were stuffed. The boy said that his dish was very heavy and left him very content. We will def. be going back and when we do, I shall take better pics -- along with the menu :) -- definitely, a spot to check out when you want some good Asian hand pulled noodles! Hopefully this one will last in Toronto :) xxx Sab

Comments

Popular Posts